Superbowl Mexican Chicken Casserole. Don’t just gobble up salty snacks. When the snow flurries are flying, and the big game is splashed across your big TV, enjoy a hearty, hot dish of this super-easy casserole.
- 6 boneless chicken breast, boiled in salted water until cooked
- 1 large package Doritos chips
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can chicken soup
- 1 can Rotel (tomatoes with chiles)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1/2 cup dried onion flakes
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- Garlic salt (to taste)
- Black pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup grated cheese, preferably cheddar
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Spray a 9 x 13 inch casserole dish and put one half of the bag of Doritos in it.
- Break cooked chicken into bite-size pieces–place in a bowl and mix in the chili powder, garlic salt, and black pepper.
- Layer 1/2 of chicken mixture on top of the chips in the dish, and cover with half of the peppers and onions.
- In another bowl, mix the soups, broth, and the Rotel together and pour half of it over the chicken in the dish.
- Place remaining half of Doritos on top of that, and cover with the remaining peppers, onions, and soup-broth-Rotel mixture.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, add the grated cheese and bake for another 10 minutes. Yum. Yum.
This super bowl Mexican chicken casserole serves 6 – 8, unless you are really hungry. In that case, everyone needs their own casserole.
© Wade Kingston