Pineapple Pecan Cheese Ball. Yum. I’ll bet every person who reads this already has this recipe. I think I’m a little late to the whole “cheese ball” thing. But better late than never. Happy New Year!
- 2 packages of cream cheese (softened or room temperature)
- 1 8 ounce can of crush pineapple (drained, I mean WELL drained)
- 1/2 cup minced green pepper
- 1/2 cup minced green onions
- 1 teaspoon of lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon of seasoned salt (Lawry’s is good)
- 2 cups of chopped pecans (divided)
- In a bowl beat the cream cheese until smooth. Fold in the drained pineapple (it can’t be juicy or the ball won’t hold together), peppers, onions, seasonings, and half of the pecans.
- Place it on a sheet of plastic wrap and roll it into a ball. Refrigerate overnight.
- Right before serving roll the ball in the other half of the pecans. Serve with fancy, schmancy crackers (not saltines, you cheapskate).
- Enjoy the heck out of it. Happy New Year!
And speaking of fancy, check out this photo!
© Wade Kingston