- 2 pounds cubed steak
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup dried onion flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 cup of vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper steak.
- Coat steak in flour (or shake with flour in a plastic bag).
- Heat oil in skillet on medium.
- Fry a few pieces of steak at a time just until browned. (do not over-cook)
- Lay steak in a large casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with onion flakes.
- Make gravy and pour over steak.
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups water
- Add flour to the same skillet the meat was cooked in. (should still have oil in it)
- Stir on medium until flour browns (don’t burn)
- Add salt to flour mixture, then water, and stir until well blended. Gravy should be thin.
- Pour thin gravy over steak and onion flakes.
- Cook in 350° oven for 1 1/2 hours, or until fork tender.
Serve with mashed potatoes (gotta have something to put more gravy on!) and a green vegetable. Oh my.
© Wade Kingston