Bunch of punch for New Year’s, that’s what you need. And this is just the recipe for that. It should make enough for at least a dozen people, maybe more. But my mom could suck this amount down in about 20 minutes. Yes, I said it. Happy New Year!
- 4 cups of sugar (the healthy kind)
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- 1 quart of strong brewed tea
- 1 large can of orange juice (46 ounces)
- 1 pint of lemon juice (bottled is fine)
- 4 quarts of water (iced is good, make it cold)
- 1 large can of pineapple juice (46 ounce size)
- 1 quart of ginger ale
- Combine the sugar, salt, and 1 quart of water in a saucepan. Heat over medium and stir until sugar has completely dissolved. Let it cool for a bit.
- Add everything left except the ginger ale and chill in the refrigerator. (I usually save a couple of gallon milk cartons so I can fit the punch in the fridge, but you do what you want).
- When it’s time to serve, add the ginger ale and an ice ring (if you weren’t too lazy to make one). But seriously, you’ll want to use juice or ginger ale to make your ice ring, so it doesn’t melt and dilute your punch. Just freeze it in a metal bowl, and dip it in hot water to release it quickly when you are ready for the big plop into the punch bowl.
© Wade Kingston